Many people choose to evaluate their SEO and plan and implement strategies at the beginning of a year, however it is vital that these strategies are reviewed and amended on a regular basis in order to achieve the greatest results. Today we are going to look at some tips that we saw at the start of the year, which a lot of you will have already had a go at, in order for people to review whether the work that they have done has worked for them.
2017 SEO Tips
- Add value: You need to ensure that what you are bringing to the table provides people with value –things that they want to see/read. When creating content you want to ensure that you are putting out things that your customers will want to read and find interesting and informative.
- Facilitate the browsing experience: You need to ensure that your website loads quickly, both on desktop and mobile devices – facilitating for all. There are many ways to do this including fixing broken links, working on page speed and seeing is AMP is relevant.
- Invest more time in your content: There is no such thing as spending too much time on content. It is much better to spend a long time creating quality piece of content which is engaging than putting out multiple short posts which are neither here nor there. Don’t only take time writing your content, but also researching and looking for the greatest topics to cover.
- Optimise visual content: Don’t forget to optimise visual content, thinking carefully about titles, alt text, metadata and keywords. Pay attention to file sizes, be unique and add personality from your brand.
- Keep your online footprint up-to-date: Ensure that you footprint is up-to-date and consistent across the web. This will ensure that you don’t lose out on any potential custom, and also help your website achieve greater rankings.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help…
Whether you have tried the above tips already and failed, or you are completely bamboozled by what you have just read, we want you to know that there is no harm in asking for help. SEO Lancashire companies are available to assist you – and will likely be able to assist you for an affordable monthly fee, saving you both time and money. What more could you want? Pick up the phone and call your local SEO agency for assistance and advice today.